Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday Stadium Review - Broncos

 Denver Broncos

Name of Stadium: Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Capacity: 76,125
Game Attended: versus Colts in September 2016 with Chris
Worked a game at this stadium? No.


Of all the times I've envisioned attending a Broncos game, I never once anticipated needing sunscreen. When we watched them play a month ago, we might as well have been sitting on the equator! Our seats were located exactly one row from the top of the stadium and it was toasty to say the least. And...in case you're wondering...the elevation issue is no joke. The stadium itself sits one mile above sea level. I think we may have been two miles above by the time we reached our seats.



Let me start at the beginning because the exterior of this stadium is quite unique. We arrived early enough to look around at the monuments and statues. I loved the stampede of horses making their way toward the entrance of the stadium - very neat! The other interesting item of note was the massive amount of Broncos fans everywhere. It is rare that the stadium isn't a bit of a mix of visiting and home fans, but Denver was on it! We saw extremely few fans in the opposing jersey that day.



Needless to say, the atmosphere is electric. Besides the blazing sun beaming down on us, we really enjoyed the game. It was exciting to see a live mascot running the length of the field at various breaks in the game. I've seen live mascots at a couple other stadiums along the way and think it really adds to the in stadium experience. Overall, I found this stadium to be fantastic. Definitely a stadium (and city) I would recommend visiting. But only if you plan on cheering for the Broncos, of course!


I only have four stadiums remaining now. It's highly unlikely I'll manage another stadium this season, but I'm slowly making my way to the finish line on this bucket list item!

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. girl, i know this was a bucket list thing, and that doing this can't be cheap, but ain't NO WAY i could sit up that high in the sky.

    i've been to arrowhead but not for a football game. u2's zooropa tour for achtung baby stopped there, and the college i attended (ninety miles south of kansas city) bussed us to the show.

    i'm SO jealous that you've been to lambeau.

    ReplyDelete