Friday, October 30, 2015

Goals for the 2015 NYC Marathon


When I ran the NYC Marathon in 2013, I had no idea what to expect.  My family came to support me on the course.  I sent notes to friends and asked for their thoughts and prayers at certain miles.  I carried a page of 26 Bible verses to encourage me each mile.  I was so happy to finish the race, but was disappointed my time was a bit slower than I had hoped.  It took me some time to realize the key was that I finished.


This year, I have four goals for the 2015 NYC Marathon. I don't feel nearly as prepared physically this time though I did my best to log the training miles throughout the past three months.  I tripped and fell on a training run about three weeks ago and that injury has really been a pain....literally.  Mentally though, I am certain I can do this.  I know it will not be easy, but I also know what to expect.  Awesome crowds of people cheering me on regardless of my speed, a beautiful journey through all five boroughs of New York City, and my amazing husband supporting me all the way!

Here are my goals for the 2015 NYC Marathon:

#1 - Enjoy the Journey.

#2 - Finish the Race.

#3 - Complete in better time (6:13:23) than first marathon.

#4 - Complete in six hours (or less).

My first two goals are a MUST for me this time.  The second two goals are stretch goals.  I would be absolutely thrilled if I was able to check the box beside either of them, but I am resolved to make the first two my top priority!  I want need this to be a great experience!  And my attitude is going to make all the difference!!


I would love to have your prayers and thoughts as I take the course at 11am Eastern Time on Sunday!!  I'm certainly going to give it my best shot!!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Smile through the miles! You got this! Can't wait to hear how it goes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, sweet friend! You will rock it out. I'll be cheering you on from afar! xo

    ReplyDelete