Monday, May 11, 2015

#MarriedMaitlands: Gifts Galore


Toward the end of our amazing rehearsal dinner, Chris and I said a few words of thanks to all our friends and family that helped make our wedding weekend so wonderful.  And proceeded to distribute the bridal party gifts.


I love giving gifts to others.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  I also love the presentation of a gift so I worked diligently to create various aspects of the packaging as well as match everything to our wedding colors.  It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning process!



For the bridesmaids, I wanted to give them practical gifts they could use on the wedding day as well as long after.  I decided on simple pearl earrings, an initial necklace, a handmade clutch, and a pashmina.



Clutch made by MamaBleuDesigns on Etsy.

For the groomsmen, Chris decided to be practical as well.  He got them a sweatshirt and t-shirt with the logo of their favorite NFL team on it.  And to stick with the Kentucky theme, they received either a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon or gourmet sauce.  I think they were happy!  My Men of Honor also received these gifts along with a unique framed photograph.  I actually presented the framed photograph to them on the morning of the wedding when they came to check on me just before I got into my dress!



Made by AmyLevierDesigns on Etsy.

Our little cuties got lots of fun goodies in their bags.  We wanted to make sure they all received a toy of some sort along with a few fun clothing items.  I loved the coloring books we found for the flower girl and ring bearer.  They were personalized and SO adorable!

Princess bag from baggedandloaded and sports bags from 2HartsCreations on Etsy.




We both asked one of our cousins to read scripture during the ceremony so we had a portion of the verses they read framed for them.  We also gave them a pashmina as well.  I thought these turned out really nice.  My cousin, Tricia, had also done SO much for us throughout the final month before the wedding (and as it turned out on the wedding day itself...but more about that later!) that I wanted to give her something extra special.  I really don't think I would have survived those last few weeks without her help!

Designs from byive on Etsy.
 

Finally, we presented our parents with a really nice framed photo to thank them for absolutely everything they did to make our wedding so amazing for us!  Also, on the morning of our wedding, we presented each of them a handkerchief with a personalized message embroidered on it. 

Designed by WordsWorkPrints on Etsy.

What types of gifts did you present to your bridal party?

Andrea :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw these are super thoughtful gifts!! I love the clutches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These gifts are wonderful! I am trying to decide on gifts for our parents now and you have given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great gift ideas. I did the same thing with my girls - got them something to wear the day of. Mike actually stole my idea and did the same with socks and cufflinks for his fellows :) Thanks for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete