Monday, April 6, 2015

I Love Easter!

Easter has become a time of reflection for me.  It occurs just as the season of Spring is upon us.  And provides a great atmosphere for renewal and refocus.  As I think back to the days of Jesus and the task that lie ahead of him as he approached that very first Easter, I am in awe.  I can't imagine a task so grand and devine.  So necessary, yet so difficult.  It truly is amazing that Jesus laid his perfect life down so that all of us could be redeemed.  Restored.  Fully alive in Him.  


Easter symbolizes so much for me.  I really enjoyed our service yesterday at Calvary Baptist in the heart of midtown Manhattan.  There was a lovely handbell choir, a beautiful reading of a poem written by one of the members, and even a rendition of Handel's Hallelujah chorus.  A very special service indeed!


After the morning service, we spent time with some friends enjoying pancakes and praise music.  And then ventured out to Long Island for some time with Chris' family.  I managed to FaceTime with my family later in the day.  Always great to see that cute little niece and nephew of mine!


I hope each of you had a wonderful Easter celebration full of fun and laughter as we remember the reason we have hope and joy in this world!  And I hope you ate some yummy candy, too!  Easter candy is hands down my fave!!


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment