Thursday, January 1, 2015

The New Year is Here!


It is hard to believe that 2014 has come and gone already.  Sometimes it felt like the shortest year of my life and other times it seemed like time couldn't possibly pass any slower.  Much of last year revolved around planning our wedding and getting settled into our new life and apartment.  Lots of transitions, but in the best possible way.  You can check out my 2014 recap if you missed it yesterday.


Today is all about 2015 though.  A new year means new goals...and for me, a new name.  Well, as soon as I can get around to filling out all those pesky forms. I am a very goal oriented person so by sharing my goals here, I hope to have some accountability on them.  I updated my goals from last year yesterday and realized I didn't do so well.  I guess that's what happens when your boyfriend proposes on December 30...and you spend most of the year planning for an October wedding.

1 - Read through the Bible! I am making a commitment to myself to see this one through...finally!  It has been on my to do list for ages...and the time has come.

2 - Focus on my health and nutrition.  I'm no spring chicken anymore.  Consequently, what I put into my body matters...a lot.  I am determined to work on creating more balanced meals.  And, of course, exercising on a consistent basis.  My plan is to use this blog to keep me in check.  I want to recap each month with my progress in this area.

3 - Have fun.  Enjoy life as newlyweds.  Go on fun date nights.  Plan a vacation or two...or three.  Just generally live it up while we figure out life together in this first full married year!

4 - Do more things for me.  Read more.  Finally get around to taking those improv classes.  Finish the scrapbooks that I have been working on for the past few years.  Make more creative stuff.  Write.  Volunteer and/or donate to causes that move me.  Take a class or two.  Set personal records in the 10k, Half Marathon, and Marathon distances.

5 - Redesign this blog.  Make changes for the better in this creative space...both aesthetically and regarding content.

6 - Find my passion.  Dig deep to figure out what it is that makes me tick.  Discover how I can make an impact.  Leave an impression.  And once I find it, follow it.   

Andrea :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel you, girlfriend! This year seemed to whiz on by...yet some days were really slooow.

    You are so good. It took me forever to apply for my new SS card. Haha. And believe it or not, our checks still have my maiden name on them...and we've been married for TEN years! 0_o

    I love your goals. They are a wonderful mix of work and play :) But I especially love #6, and I am entrenched in that journey as of late.

    Good luck with your 2015 goals, and many blessings to you and yours, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these goals, Andrea! Especially #4. Definitely important to devote some time to yourself and your passions. We have a brand new year ahead of us - let's own 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals! Have you heard of She Reads Truth? They have a great read through the bible plan, www.shereadstruth.com

    ReplyDelete