Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Race Recap: NYRR Mini 10K

I love running the NYRR Mini.  It is an all female race that has become a summer tradition for me!  This year, I ran my fastest time yet on the 10k course.  I ran the 2012 mini in 1:18:57.  Then clocked 1:20:26 the next year.  Check out more about my full race experience in 2012 and 2013 by clicking on each year.


This year, I ran pushed for a 1:17 total time coming in at 12:24 miles.  Honestly, I hadn't trained much prior to the run so I felt pretty good about the time.  Plus, knowing it was my fastest for that particular course made me happy.  To top it off, I discovered this was a 10k PR for me as well.  Hooray for a fun race on a nice summer day in Central Park!!

Have you ever run any female only races?  Did you enjoy it?

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congrats on your PR! :) I'm so not a runner, but I like to live vicariously through people who are. ;)

    ReplyDelete