Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Trusting on the Almighty!

I'm in Chicago on a weekend business trip when my mom calls to ask what I'm doing on Monday night.  That may not seem odd to most, but since my mom and I live almost a thousand miles apart, I was quite confused.  Was something wrong?  Was she planning to unexpectedly be in NYC on Monday?  Was it an important date that I was somehow forgetting?  Nope.  Not at all.  She had simply used the modern wonder of Facebook to land me tickets to a concert at Carnegie Hall.


The Florida Worship Choir and Orchestra was in town.  And three faces from home were a part of the choir.  One being fabulous soloist, Lindsey Graham!  Please check out more about her ministry here!


Chris and I weren't sure what to expect when we showed up at Carnagie Hall on that Monday night, but we were in for a real treat.  As it turns out, we were exactly where we were meant to be that night.  It had been a rough day for me, and this performance and message just seemed to put everything into perspective.  God truly is amazing...and he'll put you in the right place at the right time as long as you are willing to go.


One of the last songs of the evening really spoke to me.  It included the following chorus:

No matter the storms that come my way,
No matter the trials I may face,
You promise that you will see me through
So I will trust in you.
 

I am so thankful that Mom left that message on a photo the Grahams had posted to Facebook letting them know I lived nearby their photo spot.  The concert and message proved to be a huge blessing to me.  I am always amazed by the way that God finds a way to speak to His children...IF they will only listen.


Not only was the concert wonderful, but Chris and I also had a chance to visit with Lindsey, Pixie, and Greg for an hour or so after the show.  Great to catch up with some familiar faces from my youth in Kentucky.  And thank you to them for passing along the secret code for tickets :)  We very much enjoyed the experience!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment