Friday, November 1, 2013

My Special Mile Markers


It is hard for me to believe that the NYC Marathon is THIS weekend!  I am so very excited that it is finally here!  The hard work and training is about to pay off in just a couple days.  Speaking of training, I did a lot of thinking during those crazy long runs over the past few months.  On one of those runs, I began to think about all the people that have made NYC so fun for me over the past six years.  The more I thought about them and all the good times we had, the more I wanted to let them know.  So, I decided I would dedicate a mile to various people and send them a note to let them know I would be thinking of them at that point in the race.  And since I wouldn't be able to complete this race without the strength and blessing of the Lord, I decided to include a Bible verse that would also serve as my focus for that mile on Sunday.  I sent the notes out last week so hopefully everyone has recieved them by now.  I will be thinking of each of these special people as I make this 26.2 mile journey of a lifetime through NYC on Sunday!

Mike and Mandy Luciano for Mile 1 (12:00 to 13:00):  Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.  -Matthew 28:20 


Dave Dening for Mile 2 (24:00 to 26:00):  The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.  Don’t abandon me, for you made me.   -Psalm 138:8

 
Janet Ho for Mile 3 (36:00 to 39:00):  I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as the mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.  -Matthew 17:20


Chris White for Mile 4 (48:00 to 52:00):  To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.  -Luke 19:26


Mary Bates for Mile 5 (1:00 to 1:05):  I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.  -Philippians 4:13


Bubsa for Mile 6 (1:12 to 1:18):  Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see.
-Hebrews 11:1


Tricia Burns for Mile 7 (1:24 to 1:31):  ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.’  -Jeremiah 29:11


Tarra Thomas and Evan Sharp for Mile 8 (1:36 to 1:44):  Let no one show little respect for you because you are young.  Show other Christians how to live by your life.  They should be able to follow you in the way you talk, in what you do.  Show them how to live in faith and in love and in holy living.  -I Timothy 4:12


Jen for Mile 9 (1:48 to 1:57):  We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  -Romans 8:28


Jordan for Mile 10 (2:00 to 2:10):  Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  -Hebrews 12:1


Mom for Mile 11 (2:12 to 2:23):  Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.  -Psalm 37:5


Dad for Mile 12 (2:24 to 2:36):  With God’s help we will do well.  And he will break under His feet those who fight against us.  -Psalm 60:12


Corey and Sabrina Melton for Mile 13 (2:36 to 2:49):  We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; character, hope.  -Romans 5:3


Sean and Beverly Quinlan for Mile 14 (2:48 to 3:02):  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; stuck down, but not destroyed.  -2 Corinthians 4:9


Vanya Petrova-Velchev for Mile 15 (3:00 to 3:15):  The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you.  -2 Thessalonians 3:3


Amanda Richie for Mile 16 (3:12 to 3:28):  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  -Isaiah 41:10


Reba Cox for Mile 17 (3:24 to 3:41):  It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God.  -2 Corinthians 3:5


Mary Risius Dening for Mile 18 (3:36 to 3:54):  But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.  -2 Chronicles 15:7


Emily Cogburn for Mile 19 (3:48 to 4:07):  Whatever you do, do well.
-Ecclesiastes 9:10


Brian and Tricia Kuhnau for Mile 20 (4:00 to 4:20):  He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.  -Psalm 91:11
 

Omar Gonzalez for Mile 21 (4:12 to 4:33):  Anything is possible if a person believes.  -Mark 9:23


Bukola Ashaolu for Mile 22 (4:24 to 4:46):  The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.  -Luke 6:38


Hollie Hubbard for Mile 23 (4:36 to 4:59):  I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize.
-Philippians 3:13-14
 

Edna Bates for Mile 24 (4:48 to 5:12):  Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!  -2 Corinthians 4:17


Christopher Maitland for Mile 25 (5:00 to 5:25):  I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.  -Psalm 32:8

 
Me for Mile 26 (5:12 to 5:38):  Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.  -Proverbs 16:3


Mamaw for the last .2 (5:14 to 5:40):  But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  -Isaiah 40:31

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment