Monday, September 30, 2013

Love Makes A Family

Family.

What does that word mean to you?  It means the world to me.

To be honest, I'm not sure where I would be without mine.  My parents have been wonderful examples of success, love, and fun for me over the years.  My brothers are two of my very best friends even if they've both done their share of driving me crazy.

But today, I want to tell you about another family.  This family has been a part of my "extended" family for as long as I remember.  Christella and I practically grew up together.  Her mom babysat Jordan and I back in the days before McKinley arrived on the scene.  Christella and I played dolls when we were younger, celebrated Christmas' with game nights when we were a little older, and I served as a bridesmaid for her when she married the love of her life, Jon.


Today, as you can see, Christella and Jon have three children.  And they are in the process of expanding their family through a special needs adoption.  Currently, they have a fundraiser going on that I would ask you to prayerfully consider.  It is super simple AND you could possibly win some prizes, too!  It's a win for everyone!!

They have numbered envelopes from 1 to 150.  All you have to do is request an envelope that matches the amount of money you would like to donate.  It's that simple!  Let's say you want to donate $37, then chose envelope #37 and you're on the way to making an AMAZING difference in the process of helping them bring home their child.


Now, about those prizes! Just for taking part in the fundraiser, you will recieve one entry into a drawing for either $300 or an iPad mini*.  WOW!!  For every $20 you donate, you will recieve an additional entry. And if you share about the fundraiser via a post from their facebook page (check it out HERE), you will recieve an additional entry. So for that $37 donation, you could recieve a total of three entries into the drawing!

I hope that each of you will really consider helping this wonderful couple through their process of adoption. They are truly amazing people that are working to make a difference for children that currently don't have the same sense of family that I grew up knowing. They started their adoption process needing to save and raise $28,600 of the over $41,000 in expenses. They have already raised over $10,000 by the provision of God, and if all 150 envelopes are claimed, they will have collected nearly the balance of what is needed at this time. This family is a true inspiration. Please check out their blog - Love Makes A Family - or contact me directly if you are interested in donating to this great cause!

Andrea :)

*At least 100 envelopes must be claimed in order for drawing to occur. Envelopes can be claimed until December 20, 2013. Additional prizes (gift cards, t-shirts, autographed items) will serve as secondary prizes for the drawing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great cause! I will add this to my list of causes to give to over the next few months leading up to Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete