Monday, May 13, 2013

This Weekend, I...



This Weekend, I had an enjoyable few days.

On Friday, I ran a few errands after work.  Then went out to grab a hearty dinner and randomly got seated by two Kentuckians.  How did we discover we were fellow former Bluegrass State citizens?  Oh, because I was wearing my Home T. shirt that posted about here.  So fun to meet some people from my old stomping grounds!  Seriously, one of them even went to my college.  And it's a very small college in Kentucky.  Such a small world!!

On Saturday, I was up bright and early for the UAE Healthy Kidney 10k.  I'll post about that race later this week!  It was challenging, but a great way to start the day!

Approaching the start of the race...

On Saturday night, I tried my first crock pot roast beef and carrots meal.  It turned out ok, but not great.  Gotta work on perfecting how long it needs to cook because it was pretty dry.  Chris was a trooper and ate it anyway :)  I am trying to branch out, but I know I'll get there eventually.  Chris and I also played the board game Name 5 for awhile that night.  It is a lot of fun, even if he did win more than I did.  Just one more time than me though.


On Sunday, I went to church, found a dress - on sale!! - for a wedding Chris and I are going to next weekend, went for a quick run, made turkey bacon pizza - another new meal! - for me and Chris before he headed back to Albany, watched the Survivor finale, and packed for my upcoming work trip!  Busy, but great day :)


Hope you all have a wonderful week!!  I'll be spending the majority of it out of town!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a solid weekend!! :) I've never heard of Name 5, I'm gonna look it up now. We love board games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you met someone from your college city! I live in Texas, so anytime I see a Washington state license plate, I have to talk to them! That's totally normal, right?! ;)

    Happy Monday Andrea!

    ReplyDelete