Monday, March 11, 2013

The Fountain + Oz


This weekend, I had fun hanging out with Chris (and a few other friends) as well as got to spend some time at the mall.  And, of course, ate some yummy food.

On Friday, my friend, Loan, picked me up from the bus station when I arrived in Albany.  Chris is super busy with work these days so she and I went to dinner at The Fountain.  The pizza there totally hit the spot.  There was also some very loud, but good jazz music being performed.  That put a bit of a damper on our conversation, but we still had fun.  Chris finally got released from work and we went to another spot to meet up with him and continue catching up!

Yummy Pizza, Jazz Band, and "Stickers" Pie...

On Saturday, we slept in a bit.  Chris had to work so he dropped me off at Crossgates mall.  There aren't really any malls in my area of NYC so I had a great time browsing around.  I also caught a matinee (for $8.25!!!!) at the Regal in the mall.  That is a great deal compared to the prices in the city!  I thought the movie was pretty good.  It didn't live up to Wicked standards in my opinion, but it was good.  And it definitely helped me pass the time :)


On Saturday night, we were able to go to Salsa Latina in Albany.  The food was really good.  I had the tacos.  So tasty!

On Sunday, we lost an hour as we sprang forward (yay!!), but we got plenty of sleep before we headed off to Cracker Barrel for lunch.  It was fabulous as always!!  Then, Chris headed back to work and I was off to Colonie Center mall this time.  I got some great deals there.  And was able to spend some time in Barnes and Noble looking around, too.  Fortunately, we had time for a quick dinner at Olive Garden before Chris dropped me back off at the bus station and I headed to NYC.


Never seems like the weekend lasts long enough, right?  Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment