Monday, March 4, 2013

American Songbook + Date Night


I had SUCH a fun weekend so I am linking up with Sar and Syndal to tell you all about it!

On Friday, a friend offered me a spare ticket to American Songbook at Lincoln Center.  I quickly read the online description of the show and said I would absolutely take the ticket!! It was AWESOME!  I went to the show presenting the broadway songs of Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey.  They are most well-known for 2010 Pulitzer Prize winning Next to Normal, but have another show in the works currently.  The music was FANTASTIC!!  And I got to hear Alice Ripley, Brian D'Arcy James, and Idina Menzel (from WICKED!!!) perform at the event. I was so glad to be able to attend.  It was phenomenal.


On Saturday, I slept in and did some laundry.  Took it easy most of the day.   Chris arrived around 8:30 for a late dinner date night.  We went to Padre Figlio.  This was a new restaurant for us, and we really liked it.  The atmosphere was great.  Very nice place and had some live (and very entertaining) music.  The food was amazing, too!!

We shared the Chateaubriand.  I had the cannoli.  He got caramel flan.

On Sunday, we went to church.  Then, we headed over to another new spot for lunch - Mr. Biggs.  Chris was able to watch the end of the Pitt game before we ate lunch.  Hooray for them winning on Senior Day!  Since it was a nice relaxing atmosphere, we ended up hanging around to watch the end of the Knicks-Heat game as well. That one didn't have quite the outcome he was hoping though.  The restaurant was a little off the beaten path, but the food was good and it was a cozy little place.  We'll definitely be back.

Sadly, Chris had to leave around 6pm to get back to Albany for the week.  I hate seeing him go, but it was great to be able to spend a little bit of time together this weekend!!

Grand Central Terminal is celebrating 100 years!

What did you do this weekend?

Andrea :)

1 comment: