Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As I mentioned on Friday, I have been celebrating St. Patrick's Day for a couple weeks now thanks to a fun package my parents sent me.  It had all sorts of fun stuff in it, but the coolest thing was a batch of green peanut brittle.  What a fun treat :)


And earlier this week, I stopped into Baked by Melissa to try the cupcake of the month - Caramel Apple.   It is green apple cake with caramel icing and green sugar crystal topping. Not one of my favorites, but still pretty tasty.


Finally, I snagged these green peeps in honor of my fellow Irish folk today!  Looking forward to digging into that sugary goodness!!


I have plans to watch my friend run the NYC Half (boo for me not being picked in the lottery this year) this morning. And then off to church.  I'm sure I'll manage to work in a Shamrock Shake at some point today though!

How are you celebrating St. Patty's Day?

 Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you've had a fun March thus far! That cupcake looks interesting. I've never heard of green apple cake.

    March isn't my favorite month; I'm just waiting for spring, but watching birds come back and flowers emerge is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last Easter, I had dark chocolate-covered Peeps and I have never been the same since. Those things are amazing! :)

    Happy St Paddy's Day, hope you got to enjoy a shamrock shake!

    ReplyDelete