Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Annie!

I have really been itching to see a broadway show.  I was finally able to see one when my friend, Bukola, and I went to see Annie last week.  The show was great!  It had been awhile years since I had seen the movie so I had even forgotten a few parts here and there which made it even more fun to watch.  And, of course, you can't go wrong with a bunch of cute little girls running around and singing, right?

Bottom: Clotheslines strung out across the stage for the opening number.

I'm sure most of you know the story, but it begins with Annie and her friends in an orphanage with mean ol' Miss Hannigan.  Annie runs away, but is eventually caught and returned.  Then she is luckily chosen to go stay at the Warbucks mansion for the Christmas holidays. Though resistant at first, Warbucks eventually comes to really love fiesty little Annie like one of his own.  As he attempts to move forward with adopting her, she tells him that she already has parents who love her.  He goes on a nationwide search for her birth parents, but only finds money hungry fakes.  There is a glimmer of hope with one conniving couple, but they are proved liars and Annie makes her home with the Warbucks after all.  It is a really touching show.  Made me realize how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful and supportive family.  I know that not all little girls are so lucky.


After the show, we grabbed dinner at one of my favorites - The Counter!  It was as delicious as ever!!  The fried pickles really hit the spot, but the whole meal was scrumptious!!  It was great to spend some time catching up with Bukola as well!

Have you seen any shows lately?

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. The show sounds amazing! I love seeing shows, but sadly I don't really have any close to my area. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time!

    Sara
    http://sbengschayearoftransformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete