Monday, December 17, 2012

Presents + Lincoln


This weekend was a whirlwind...and I'm not sure it will stop until I leave for Kentucky on Thursday!  Lots of last minute things to get done before I head south for a week or so.

On Friday, I made the trek to Albany via Greyhound for what we hope is the very last time!  Chris has a second interview with a job he'd really like in the city on Wednesday.  Please pray that this is the opportunity that God has been holding onto for him.  It would be such a blessing if he gets this job!

Now, back to the weekend!  When I arrived, Chris had a fun surprise waiting for me in the car and took me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Albany.  It was nice to be able to spend some time together without being in a rush to get somewhere else afterward.  Especially after such tragic events occurred in CT earlier in the day.  What an absolute horror!  Still trying to truly grasp it all.

Such sweet and thoughtful gifts from Christopher :)
On Saturday, I was able to get all our Christmas cards done while Chris watched soccer.  Then we took a trip over to Wit's End Boutique for some final shopping.  I got lots of great stuff!  We even had time for some Italian cookies and a cupcake (of course) at the bakery across the street!


You can't tell, but the carolers were moving and singing, of course!
Too many amazing choices!! 
Pure deliciousness!
On Saturday night, Chris and I met up with my Aunt Mildred and Pete along with my cousin Randy and his wife Sheila for dinner.  We had a delicious meal at Carraba's.  It was great to catch up with all of them!

On Sunday, we met up with a couple friends for brunch at New World Bistro Bar where I had some delicious crepes before we headed to a local movie theater - the Spectrum.  We saw Lincoln.  It was fantastic...very well written and fabulous acting.  It will be winning some Oscars in February for sure!!  Go check it out!!

Crepes for Brunch!
Independent theater in Albany...

Old school concession stand...and affordable prices, too!

I headed back to the city earlier than normal to prepare my cookies for my friend's annual cookie swap tonight.  I'll try to do a separate post about the swap later this week.

My Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!  Anyone else do any last minute shopping or other festive activities?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment