Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Stadium Review - Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles 

Name of Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
Capacity: 68,532
Game Attended: versus Redskins with a couple friends in fall of 2009
Worked a game at this stadium? No.

via Google Images
Since Philly is just down the road from NYC, I decided this would be an easy stadium for a day trip.  A friend and I took the bus to Philly bright and early one Sunday morning.  Another friend met us at the bus station and took us over to Geno's for one of their famous cheesesteaks before we walked to Lincoln Financial Field.  Very quick and easy trip!

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the cheesesteak itself.  Bummer!
The cheesesteak was delicious!  I was probably as excited about it as I was the game.  This particular game, I was able to see Michael Vick play a few snaps behind Donovan McNabb.  I was thrilled about that as I was a big fan of the rehabilitated Michael.


I really liked the layout of this stadium.  I remember it being very easy to navigate and looking very nice.  Below are a few pictures of the inside and outside of the stadium.

Exterior of the stadium...
Decent view of the interior of the stadium
Players being announced and view of huge screen
I also specifically remember being able to look across the parking lot from the Linc and see the baseball stadium.  I thought that was pretty neat.  Otherwise, I remember the banter between my two friends (one an Eagles fan and one a Redskins fan).  I was impartial, of course.  Well, except for the fact that I generally like to see the home team win.  For this game, I was decked out in orange and black...even if I wasn't watching, I was still cheering for my Bengals at heart :)



Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment