Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I survived!  Well, actually, I never could even really tell it happened from my little area in midtown Manhattan.  But I was off work for two days and pretty much stayed inside the whole time. I go back to work tomorrow.  I'll be interested to see what it looks like outside then.  The last time I was out, there was the calm before the storm.  Take a look...

You'll never see Times Square this empty again!
Street nearby my apartment...usually filled with people and street vendors
No broadway tickets on sale today!
Subway closed until further notice...
Totally empty street in midtown Manhattan...extremely rare!
Fortunately, I was safe and sound from the storm.  And even kept power.  Lots of others were not in the same boat.  Please pray for all those affected as well as the response teams working to get this city back up and running!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Im glad that you are safe. I know hurricane Sandy has been causing alot of damage in some areas. Im one of your newest followers from GFC Hop. You can follow me back at http://www.NavyWif33.com

    ReplyDelete