Monday, July 9, 2012

15 Day Challenge: Day 9

[Day 9]: Tell us the best day of your life to date.

To be honest, I don't have a lot of too horribly terrible days.  Most of my days rank about the same - average, but good.  Nothing out of the ordinary special, but nothing rock my world horrible either.  I am kind of ok with that though.  I prefer predictable and routine most of the time.  And fortunately, that is how most of my days seem to play out.  Now, I must admit, when I think of best day of my life stories, I think of the day I got engaged, the day I got married, the day I found out I was pregnant, the day I gave birth to my child, the day I became a grandparent, etc.  While I do believe that in due time all of those days will come and all of them will seem like the best day of my life, none of them have come for me yet so I had to think again.  Perhaps outside the box.  So, for the best day of my life, I would have to go with the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  This was many, many, many days ago....back when I was in high school.  You see, I had made a decision when I was probably a bit too young to really comprehend the real meaning of it.  I just went along with the rest of the crew at a VBS one summer.  When I was younger I never knew the difference, but as I got older I knew there was something missing.  I began to feel those tugs at my heart week after week at church, when we had youth group events, when we went away to camps, etc., but I didn't really know what to do until one fateful night at a service in our fellowship hall (we were in the process of building a new sanctuary).  Our pastor, Bro. Jeff, had recently broken his legs in a car accident and was just getting to the point in his recovery where he could stand and preach again.  It was late summer just as school was beginning for the year.  Bro. Jeff essentially told us how he had come to accept Christ as his Savior and he admitted to us that he made a true decision to become a Christian (for what might have seemed like a second time) beyond his childhood years.  This was my window of opportunity.  No one could question me if they were willing to accept what he was telling us that night.  That is when I made the decision to be real about my Christianity and to accept that Jesus Christ had come while I was still an unworthy sinner and died on the cross to pay the price for me.  His grace would be sufficient for me FOREVER now.  So, while "best" days will come and go over the course of my lifetime, I can say with absolute certainty that this was the best decision that I ever made no matter what good or bad days may come my way.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment