Saturday, July 14, 2012

15 Day Challenge: Day 14

[Day 14]: If you were only allowed to watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be and why?
Hands down, no doubt in my mind, it would be Remember the Titans.  When I first moved to New York, I had a suitcase and duffle bag.  The first things I asked to be shipped to me from home were a couple of penguin items and my Remember the Titans DVD.   I have already addressed my passion for all things Denzel so that explains part of the reason this would be my pick.  However, the main reason is the content of the movie.  I love football, but this is more than that. This is an incredible story about a team coming together in the midst of both scary and dangerous times of racial integration in the early 70's.  BUT overcoming the odds, they eventually integrated personally, and were successful on the field because of it.  That is a lesson that is invaluable.  My favorite line in the movie is when the Julius and Gerry are having words regarding the dynamics of the team and Julius says, "Attitude reflect leadership, Captain." and walks away.  There are SO many other good lessons and lines in this classic.  I could watch it every day and be enthralled in the story every time.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, but hopefully it is a favorite of yours as well.
There's only one more day of the challenge left.  I'm kind of sad about that.  Hope you all have a fantastic day!!
Andrea :)

3 comments:

  1. I could totally watch this movie again and again. I love every lesson that is taught throughout the entire movie. Love me some Denzel!

    xoxo Amber
    myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ready for this, Andrea? I have never seen Remember the Titans. Can you believe that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that!! You MUST rent it!! Would love to hear what you think if/when you watch it :)

      Delete