Monday, June 25, 2012

Sewing, anyone?

Once upon a time, I signed up for a Groupon to an introductory sewing class.  I took that class roughly a month ago....and I LOVED IT!!  I had so much fun on that random Thursday night with a few unsuspecting strangers, an eccentric British teacher, and this little sewing machine :)


I remember signing up for the class because it sounded like something fun and random to do in this sometimes all too predictable city, but also because I remember how much fun I had making a stuffed penguin back in high school home economics.   We even sewed by hand in those days.  My favorite part about sewing is that you are creating something out of what seems like nothing.  That, my friends, is what adventure is all about!!  So, in my normal fashion, I rushed into the sewing studio just in time for the class to begin.  I chose a fun and exciting black and white polka dot pattern for my project.  We were given a brief orientation to the machine and some practice rounds on scrap fabric before we got right into the sewing action.  We took it step by step and there weren't too many steps for this project, but I truly did enjoy myself.  Here are a couple of pictures of my progress throughout the project.

The zipper part was a little tricky...


I had such a feeling of accomplishment when I finished my last stitch.  I'm still not exactly sure what I'll use the bag to store just yet, but I am a quite proud owner of my very own hand machine crafted zipper bag!! Isn't it a beauty?


So proud of my creation!
Have any of you recently completed a project and felt that great sense of accomplishment and pride in your work?


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment