Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Counter

A few months ago now, my friend Mary and I decided to try out a new restaurant - The Counter.  We weren't sure what to expect prior to our dinner date, but we came away particularly impressed.  The idea is that you can build your own burger.  They have a checklist with types of bread/buns, meats (they even have a turkey burger option), toppings, sauces, etc.  You can choose the items that you would like from a whole slew of options.  If you know me at all, you know that the 3 times I have been there, I have had the same thing every time.  However, those accompanying me have tried a variety of things and all were very pleased.  I get the burger pictured below with pineapple and cranberries (pickles on the side) on a bun.  Very good stuff!!  When mom and dad visited recently, we tried a couple of the appetizers.  I can't speak for the onion straws (yucky onions!!), but the fried pickles were delicious!!  Here is some photo evidence from my second stop at The Counter with Chris.

The milkshakes were tasty!!

Sweet Potato Fries - you can definitely share the double portion!!



*Note: It is a bit pricey, especially for burgers, but it is a great experience for an out of towner or for a fun date night!!

Let me know your thoughts if you try it out!!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment