Monday, March 5, 2012

Race #1

Name: Al Gordon Classic
Date/Time: Saturday, February 25 at 8am
Location: Prospect Park, Brooklyn
Length: 4.0 miles
Bib Number: 7745
Official Time: 53:48
Average Time per Mile: 13:27

Before the race started...
I had run a couple of other races in Prospect Park and very much enjoy my runs there, but I didn't do as well as I might have liked on this one.  I think there were several factors that contributed.  Mostly the fact that I am not in my best running condition and hadn't trained very well.  I tried to work out pretty consistently during all the traveling, but I wasn't really able to get many training runs outside in the mix.  I think that hurt me.  Despite those two factors, it was also very cold and windy that morning. NYRR recorded it to be 39 degrees with 26mph winds.  They considered that fair conditions, but let's just say I ran with ear muffs on the whole race!  I was cold :(  Might have learned my lesson about running races pre-April...at least in the cold Northeast!

Happy to have one race down :)


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment