Monday, January 9, 2012

It's 2012...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


I can't believe it is 2012.  Time seems to fly by these days.  I have been talking about starting a blog for a few months now so I thought I would make 2012 a good excuse to finally create one :)  There are plenty of other things I hope to accomplish throughout the course of this year as well.

1 - Like most other people across the globe, I want to make working out a priority and try to maintain more healthy eating habits.  One specific thing I'd like to do that will help make both of these a reality is to run another 1/2 marathon this year.  I'll be keeping you posted when I decide which one (or maybe two) I'd like to try to fit into my busy schedule.

I'm not sure I ate any healthier throughout the year, but I did complete the Brooklyn Half Marathon in May.  That has to count for something!

2 - Read through the Bible. Every time I resolve myself to this task, I end up getting distracted along the way - whether by work or my personal busy nature.  This year, I want to make it a priority.  And it's on my bucket list...you'll soon find out just how dedicated I am to crossing something off that list ;)

To be completely honest, I didn't really make any progress on this one at all.  I did stay consistent with my Tony Dungy devotional everyday.  That's a small step in the right direction.  This will be a 2013 goal as well.

3 - Take more time for myself and my personal interests...whatever they happen to be at the time!  Starting this blog is a step in the right direction on this one, but there are many other things that I talk about doing and then never find the time to do.  This year, I'd like to try to find the time for those things.

I think I did this one.  I completed the NYRR 9+1 to qualify for the 2013 Marathon.  That was definitely something I wanted to do.  I read more and took more time to do things I enjoyed.  I even went to my first ever movie by myself.  I still need to take more time for myself, but I definitely got better in 2012!

4 - Clean out my closet(s)...and donate the clothes/shoes/etc. I haven't worn in months, or possibly years, to charity.  This will also make getting ready in the morning much less of a hassle!!

This was DONE in August!

5 - Finish the scrapbooks and other creative projects that I have in the works now so that I can begin more projects.  If I only had more space, who knows what fun things I could create!

Well...I am closer than where I started at the beginning of last year, but I still have a lot to go in this area.  I am making progress though!

6 - Finish paying off my student loans.  If I can stick with my plan, this one should be accomplished.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed because there are a lot more exciting things I can think of to do with that money every month :)

DONE...and so very proud of myself on this one!!

I'm sure there are others that will come to mind over the next few weeks, but I think these few are a great place to start!  Look forward to sharing my progress on each of them with you throughout the year!

Andrea :)

*Updates in Red added on 1/1/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment